The Board of Education is the elected body charged with governing your school district. By law, the Board is responsible for the education of all children. The Board's actions, which must conform with Federal, State and County laws, set policy and give direction to the staff on instructional programs, financial decisions and collective bargaining. The District staff, headed by the Superintendent , carries out the policies and actions of the Board.
Message from the Board President - 9/18/2016
Hello, and welcome to our new website!
On behalf of the Board of Education of the Henry Hudson Regional School, I am proud to report to you on many of the exciting initiatives underway at our special school. Together with engaged parents, teachers and administrators, Henry Hudson is strategically building on our strengths as a small school with big ambitions to create a “private school in a public school setting.” Hudson is a school where administrators and teachers know each student’s interests, goals and academic achievements and can tailor individualized learning plans to meet their needs. With our small size, students receive personalized attention and have a greater ability to participate in all the curricular and extracurricular activities of interest to them.
Armed with our strategic plan completed in 2014, the Board of Education and administrators are laser-focused on meeting its bold vision for the future. We have launched several task forces made up of parents, teachers and administrators, including in STEM, Athletics, College and Career Readiness, and School Climate and Culture. Some exciting immediate initiatives include:
1. STEM coordinator has been hired, our own Mrs. Fitzsimmons, to design our “STEM Academy” with curriculum enhancements, additional courses, and an exciting “Makers Space” for the 2017 school year.
2. Monmouth University partnership signed to leverage the University’s TV production and digital media to enhance our “Communications Academy.”
3. Athletic offerings have been expanded in soccer and track, and we are working now to plan for short and long term improvements to our fields and facilities.
4. And more information to come as assessments are underway this fall of our college and career readiness and our school climate and culture.
The Board of Education invites you to explore this website to find important daily information you need to support your students’ academic career, to keep up to date on our latest announcements and to find information on our students’ many accomplishments including in:
• Athletics – Lady Admirals softball champs!
• Robotics – State Champs 2015!
•- TV broadcasting – State Champs 2015!
We also invite you to attend our monthly board meetings to keep informed and share your ideas. Our community members have a wealth of expertise and experiences, and we encourage you to volunteer your time and talents for the benefit of our school and students.